TP-Link Router SETUP on ANDROID/IOS DEVICES
Before starting with this guide please follow the Basic Setup instructions for connecting your TP-Link Router with you modem (provided from your Internet Service Provider ISP). Assuming that you have connected and Powered ON the Router follow the instructions below to begin the setup of your wireless router.
ANDROID/IOS TP-LINK TETHER APP
- First Download the Tp-Link Tether App from Google Play Store or Apple Store by scanning the QR Code below or by clicking on the link below.
- Android, IOS
- Connect with your router on your Smart Phone using the default SSID and Password located under the back side of your TP-Link Router.
- After connection your phone may say no internet connection available but don't worry, it's because we haven't setup the router yet.
- Now open the Tether App and it will automatically detect your router if it doesn't it should be visible under the section "local devices" of the app. Once the app detects the TP-Link router it will prompt you with a login screen. Just enter "admin" as your credentials in both the username and password field.
- Now its time to actually setup your router. In the next screen you will see all the WiFi band avaliable in your router with their Band Name (SSID), Band Wavelength ( 5GHz/2.4GHz) and their respective passwords. All you have to do is to click on any of the Items to change the respective default values e.g. SSID Name, Password. Also turn a particular SSID (Band) ON or OFF.
- If you completed adjusting all the settings yoc an click on Save on the right hand side Top Corner of the app. It will take a few minuter before your customizations are applied on the router once everything is finished the router will automatically test the connection. After that just click Finish to complete the setup process.