TP-Link Router Setup Guide
If this is the first time you are trying with TP-Link router setup, things can be difficult. But not to worry we will cover all details in this article whether you are setting it up on your mobile device or on a computer. We have written you a step-by-step guide to installation on both devices. If you are panning to configure TP-Link extender you can just jump to the article here. 1. Desktop/Laptop 2. Android/IOS Devices Now in this guide we have used TP-Link Archer AX6000 as our primary router and used for extender follow the TP-Link ac750 setup. The TP-Link ac750 setup we have used is common to all the models available today.
BASIC STEPS TO TP-LINK ROUTER SETUP AFTER UNBOXING
- First connect your LAN cable from your ONT or you ISP modem to the Blue colored port on TP-Link Router.
- Connect second LAN cable from a PC/Laptop device to the yellow color port of the TP-Link router ( Skip this step if you are using a mobile device to setup your router ).
- Once everything is connected just power on the Router and/or the device you are using to connect it to. ( Desktop/laptop/Mobile).
TP-Link ROUTER SETUP ON DESKTOP/LAPTOP
- Open up any browser and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and hit [Enter] on keyboard.
- On the login prompt enter "admin" as both username and password. (Note: this is just the default password for all TP-Link router).
- Hit the Next button to run automatic setup.
- Since Most TP-Link routers support both 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless connections we highly suggest you to choose "Concurrently with 2.4GHz and 5GHz(802.11a/b/g/n/ac)" and click Next to continue. This information is vital as it will allow you to enjoy high speed data networks depending upon your ISP.
- On the next screen input the details as follows.
- On the next screen input the details for 5GHz Wireless band as follows.
- Click on Reboot to complete the quick setup process, a popup will appear just click Ok and you are good to go.